Every year there are deadlines for the submission of information that is used in the levy calculation and listed below. We strongly encourage schemes to contact D&B about their sponsoring employers’ failure scores, and to begin work on risk reduction measures and the related voluntary certificates, at the earliest opportunity.
The following key dates have been set out in the consultation for the 2014/15 levy. They are as follows:
- Between 30 April 2013 -31 March 2014 - Monthly D&B Failure Scores
- By 5pm, 31 March 2014 - Submit scheme returns on Exchange
- 5-year period to 31 March 2014 - Reference period over which funding is smoothed
- By 5pm, 31 March 2014 - Certification of contingent assets
- By 5pm, 30 April 2014 - Certification of deficit-reduction contributions
- By 5pm, 30 June 2014 - Certification of full block transfers
- Autumn 2014 - Invoicing starts
The following key dates applied for the 2013/14 levy year. They are included here for reference.
D&B employer failure scores are calculated as at the last working day of each month between 30 April 2012 and 28 March 2013.
5pm on 28 March 2013 was the deadline for updating Exchange with levy-related information for the 2013/14 levy (except where set out below). This information will be used to calculate your individual levy bills.
- 5pm on 28 March 2013 for certification/re-certification of contingent assets
- 5pm on 30 April 2013 for deficit-reduction contributions
- 5pm on 28 June 2013 for certification of full block transfers that have taken place up to and including 31 March 2013.