Since opening its doors in April 2005, the Pension Protection Fund has taken on hundreds of schemes. It is currently paying out compensation to more than a hundred thousand people after the employer standing behind their pension scheme became insolvent. This page gives you the latest information on the schemes as they transfer into the PPF every month.
The following schemes transferred in July 2017:
- The Pretty Legs Hosiery Limited Retirement Benefits Scheme
- Olympic Airlines S A Pension And Life Assurance Scheme
- Industry Wide Coal Staff Superannuation Scheme - UK Coal Thoresby Limited
- Industry Wide Mineworker's Pension Scheme - UK Coal Thoresby Limited
- Clark & Rose Limited Pension Scheme
View the full list of schemes that have transferred to the PPF.
Member statistics at the end of October
- PPF members transferred - 230,664
- Members receiving compensation - 124,705
- Average annual compensation - £4,291.86 per year
- Total compensation paid - £2.7 billion