What happens once I’ve submitted my FOI request?
How we will deal with your request:
- We will send you an acknowledgment of your request as soon as possible. If we are not processing it as a Freedom of Information request, we will let you know why.
- We will let you know whether you will be required to pay a fee. Any fees must be paid before the information will be released to you.
- If we are unsure what information you are seeking, we will contact you as soon as we can and ask for more information from you in order to help us identify and locate the information.
- We will confirm to you whether we hold the information you’ve asked us for.
- If we don’t hold the information but know who does, we will let you know who they are and how to contact them if we can.
- If we decide not to provide the information you’ve asked for then we will let you know why.
- We will usually respond within 20 working days from when we receive your request.
- If we are unable to provide a response to you within 20 working days then we will let you know that there has been a delay, and also if we can we will provide you with an idea of when you can expect to receive the information.
Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Associated Subjects: Freedom of Information
Associated Roles: General Interest
Return to Results
Redefine your Search